Having a tooth knocked out or damaged can be a big shock. Immediately after being in an accident or sustaining an injury, going to see the dentist may not be the first thing on your mind.
But it is vital that you see an emergency dentist in Edinburgh as soon as you can. The quicker you see a dentist, the more likely it is that your teeth can be re-implanted.
At our emergency dentist in Edinburgh at Polwarth Dental Clinic, we aim to see you on the day you call and send you away pain-free for a maximum of £70 wherever possible.
What will happen at the appointment?
There are several different steps we go through at an emergency detail appointment. These include:
- X-rays to assess the extent of the damage
- A thorough examination of the affected area
- We may give you local anaesthetic if you are in a lot of pain
- Restoring or replacing lost or damaged teeth. This may be a temporary repair and we will ask you to come back for another appointment to finish the work. Or we may be able to offer a long-term treatment on the day.
- We may need to extract one or more teeth. In that case we will talk to you about options for implants and replacement teeth.
Dental emergencies don’t only happen in the case of a sudden trauma. You may wake up with awful toothache; you could chip a tooth or break off an existing crown biting down on tough food.
You may ask yourself – is it worth going to see the emergency dentist in Edinburgh? It is always your choice of course, but resolving the issue quickly and cleanly means that:
- there is more chance that your existing tooth structure can be maintained
- it greatly reduces the risk of infection
- improves your long-term oral health and helps to prevent problems further down the line.
So next time your teeth are causing you pain – through accident, injury or illness, call Polwarth Dental Clinic and find out how the emergency dentist in Edinburgh can help you back to healthy, happy teeth by the end of the day.